Living Well Program
What is Living Well? Living Well is ten week wellness workshop for people with disabilities that helps participants achieve full participation through health maintenance and health promotion activities.
- When appropriate, individuals are encouraged to consider health behavior as one tool for increasing participation.
- Individually chosen goals are the centerpiece for building skills in healthy reactions and communication, managing depressed mood, seeking information, physical activity, nutrition, advocacy, and maintenance of healthy living habits.
What does Living Well do for people?
- Participants report improvements in outlook and positive changes in daily activities, such as new employment, returning to school, or more active social lives.
- Many participants report the session on systems advocacy as their first exposure to disability rights advocacy.
- Individuals who participated in Living Well also report less limitation due to secondary health conditions and reduced health care costs.